screen recording, Video, Web, Video Recording, recording, Augmented Reality, webgl, AR, record, Recorder, replay, gameplay, Video Capture, capture, video recorder
This plugin allows you to record your webgl gameplay. You can take screenshots using Unity’s…
Asset Title: Recorder WebGL
Category: tools, utilities
More Details about this asset:
This plugin allows you to record your webgl gameplay. You can take screenshots using Unity’s API, but there is nothing to make a video recording. Other assets on the store allow you to record gameplay but they don’t support webgl. This asset was made to fill that gap.
- Supports recording webgl games.
- Optionally records the gameplay with in-game audio. This supports audio from audio sources, from Unity’s Video Player, and my own Video Player.
- Optionally records the gameplay with microphone audio.
- Optionally records the gameplay with microphone audio and in-game audio.
- Configurable framerate.
- You can start, stop, pause, resume.
- You can download the recorded file in mp4 or webm (depending on the browser).
- You can export the recorded video in various formats: DataURL, ObjectURL, BinaryData.
- You can check if recording is supported by the browser.
- It records in the resolution of Unity’s game canvas.
- It supports all major browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, Edge.
- Browsers on iPhone require iOS 14.5 or higher.
- This plugin records Unity’s game canvas(don’t confuse it with Unity’s UI canvas). This means that games that don’t happen entirely in the game’s canvas can’t be recorded by this plugin. An example of such a case is ARWT, where the video feed is not being streamed from the canvas and is just a separate video element. For ARWT and other similar plugins, if you want to make it work you also need my DeviceCameraWebGL asset to stream the contents of a video element into a Unity texture.
Please notice that this is an edge case. Most of the webgl apps happen entirely in the game’s canvas even if you are using third party plugins, and 100% of the webgl apps happen in the game’s canvas if no plugins are used.
3. To record the microphone, you must host your game on an https server, http won’t work.
If you like my asset, please consider leaving a review. It encourages me to improve the plugin and shows that my work is appreciated :).