spherical, Landscape, Terrain Renderer, dots, burst, procedural terrain, Planet, ECS, Scripts, Physics, Orbis, Terrain, origin rebasing, Planetary Body
❗️ IMPORTANT ❗️
- This asset will only works with DOTS projects built with the Entities 0.50 package. It cannot work with regular Unity projects bu…
Discount: 50% OFF
Asset Title: Orbis – DOTS Terrains
Publisher: David W
Category: tools, terrain
More Details about this asset:
❗️ IMPORTANT ❗️
- This asset will only works with DOTS projects built with the Entities 0.50 package. It cannot work with regular Unity projects built without DOTS and ECS.
- You must use Unity 2020.x (recommended 2020.3) for DOTS development (not older or newer versions).
- DOTS is heavily under construction, and many of the tools & features that one might expect in a game engine are not there yet.
- This asset will be in preview for as long as DOTS itself is in preview. Until Orbis reaches v1.0, its APIs could change in order to keep up with DOTS advancements. This includes possible breaking changes between updates
- Support does not cover how to work with DOTS in general, or how to create online games in general.
- Render Flat, Spherical and Cylindrical Terrains
- Can be Heightmap-based on procedurally generated (now also with a scattered heightmap mode)
- Custom Inspector, for easy configuration
- Live preview in the editor
- Can be modified at runtime, at small and large scales
- Physics collider generation on demand
- Blazing fast, all computationally demanding tasks are executed in burst-compiled jobs.
- Jobs are run in the background, and will never block the main thread
- Runtime scattering of vegetation across terrains, will be streamed in and out based on the camera position
- Different biomes, can be supplied via biome maps or be procedurally generated
- Includes origin rebasing system to allow the creation of huge worlds
- Extensive documentation
- Example shaders and materials for flat and spherical terrain, and atmospheric effects (SRP only)
- Use any number of terrains in the same scene, and terrains can be any size
- Works with different terrains shaders. Has a compatibility mode for MicroSplat’s “Mesh Workflow”.
This asset is targeted at experienced programmers who are willing to work with DOTS, and willing to work with a tech stack that is still incomplete & under construction. Before you buy, you must familiarize yourself with what DOTS is, and how ECS programming works. It is completely different from regular Monobehaviour programming in Unity.
Orbis comes with sample scenes for a flat terrain and spherical terrains, and also includes shaders, textures, materials and foliage prefabs for those terrains (shaders are shader-graph based and will only work with SRP-based Projects, such as URP or HDRP, atmosphere shaders will not work in HDRP).
The sample scenes demonstrate the runtime quadtree LOD, with modifications at runtime, physics collider generation and runtime modifications. The planet sample scene includes multiple planets, both heightmap-based and procedurally generated.