– Ability to work with arbitrary meshes instead of only Unity Terrains and terrain meshes
– Can generate shaders to paint up to 32 textures on a mesh, backed by splat map control textures
– (NEW) Object Shader module included, which creates regular shaders like the standard or lit shaders with features like Snow, Wetness, Trax Included.
– (NEW) Vertex painting based workflow, supporting up to 28 textures and sharing all features with texture backed workflow added.
– Shaders can be generated to work over existing materials, so you can keep your current custom shader in use and paint splat maps over it, or as standalone shaders with regular texture slots similar to the standard shader included
– GPU based painter for painting on meshes is included, allowing you to paint with texture based brushes and even add your own brush textures.
– Vertex based painter also included for vertex based workflows
– Easily bake out the results to a standard set of textures
– Most microsplat features and modules are available (see docs for exceptions. All module docs are included in the MicroSplat main module which is free to download)
– Correctly handles submeshes and UV’s outside of the 0-1 range in texture backed mode.
– Extra features available with some modules for use in mesh mode, like using channels from the main texturing to effect procedural texturing with the Runtime Procedural Texturing module
– Painting of displacement dampening maps to support crack free displacement with Tessellation module available for texture backed workflow
– Support for URP/HDRP when SRP adapter modules are installed.