Terrain, Landscape, PBR, Tessellation, Shader, Paint, mesh
MegaSplat allows you to splat map up to 256 different textures onto Unity Terrains or Meshes. Unlike other splat mapping techniques, MegaSplat has a consistent shader cost regardless of how many t…
Asset Title: MegaSplat
Publisher: Jason Booth
Category: tools, terrain
More Details about this asset:
MegaSplat allows you to splat map up to 256 different textures onto Unity Terrains or Meshes. Unlike other splat mapping techniques, MegaSplat has a consistent shader cost regardless of how many textures you use, and can actually be more efficient than traditional techniques which only allow a few textures to be painted! Textures are blended using a height resolve, giving the transitions a natural look.
– Advanced shaders for splat mapping up to 256 different textures onto meshes, all rendered in a single pass with blazingly fast performance.
– Works with Unity Terrains or Meshes
– Easily convert texturing from any Unity Terrain to MegaSplat format, allowing you to convert terrains from landscape generation systems like Gaia, World Creator, etc.
– Direct output node for programs like Map Magic allows you to work right in MegaSplat format
– A Shader generation framework, allowing you to generate shaders with whatever combination of features you want. Want a triplanar shader with 2 blended layers of 256 texture splat mapping, with refractive streams, and the whole thing tessellated with dynamic snow and paintable wetness? No problem.
– Advanced Tessellation modes, which work on any Tessellation supporting platform (OSX, PC, Consoles)
Additional shader effects, like paintable puddles, streams and lava, NPR lighting models, Projected UVs, global snow, runtime texture projection, etc.
– 60 fully PBR, high quality Terrain textures to get you started, along with an example scene.
– Tools for converting meshes to MegaSplat format, along with tools for creating Texture Arrays in Unity.
– Built in Texture Packer, which will generate missing maps (Normal, height, smoothness, AO) when not provided
– One of the most advanced Vertex Painting toolsets available for Unity, which allows painting of color, uvs, baking ambient occlusion, painting flow map direction, and much more.
– Tools for painting Unity Terrains with MegaSplat brushes
– Custom brushes for MegaSplat, allowing you to paint down multiple textures blended by noise, filtered by angle, or height.
– Tools for integrating Tessellation/Displacement results with Physics, so physical objects can react to the displaced surface.
– Procedural texturing systems for runtime and editor time procedural texturing. Use the included procedure, or build your own with the built in Texture Graph, a shader graph like system for texturing terrains and objects.
– Not just for organic terrain textures either! Put all your textures into an array, paint each texture onto the mesh, and draw entire scenes in just 1 draw call.
– Detailed documentation as well as video tutorials on how to use MegaSplat.
– Nodes for Amplify Shader Editor, allowing you to use the MegaSplat technique in your own shaders.
– Tools for applying MegaSplat brushes over entire terrains, using images produce by external editors.
– Components for getting surface information from collisions and ray casts at runtime.
– Examples of how to paint meshes or terrains at runtime efficiently, and have physics interact with tessellated terrains.
– Direct integrations with many common assets, including Map Magic, Enviro, Landscape Builder, Terrain Engine, Curved World shaders, and more..