– Player registration and authentication (which can be bypassed if desired).
– Guest mode.
– Support for both world-based and room-based games.
– Matchmaking supporting public and private games. Independent game server instances are dynamically spawned and destroyed as needed.
– Zone servers that allow you to distribute the game server load across different machines (useful for load balancing or region-based matchmaking).
– Player properties system that can be used for implementing currencies and achievements with persistent storage in a database. Default implementations are provided for SQLite, MySQL, MongoDB and LiteDB.
– Chat with support for public and private messages and an unlimited number of channels.
– Complete and extensively documented C# source code.
– Compatible with games using UNET, including games that use the Network Manager component.
– Includes demo that showcases the functionality of the kit.
This kit is ideal if you want to host your game on a dedicated server and/or you need to run your game logic authoritatively on the server to help prevent cheating.
❗ COMPATIBILITY ❗
• Unity version: Master Server Kit is compatible with Unity 2018, Unity 2019 and Unity 2020.
Please note the kit is not compatible with Unity 2021, because UNET has been deprecated in this version. Read more about this here.