Grid, LWRP, hex, URP, Cells, Hexagonal, sphere, spherical, Planet, Path Finding, cell, A*, 3D, hexagon, strategy
Hexasphere Grid System is a high performance spherical grid system. It leverages texture arrays and geometry shaders to provide optimal generation and runtime performance …
Asset Title: Hexasphere Grid System
Category: tools, modeling
More Details about this asset:
Hexasphere Grid System is a high performance spherical grid system. It leverages texture arrays and geometry shaders to provide optimal generation and runtime performance allowing hundreds of thousands of tiles.
** Features **
– Wireframe, Shaded and combined styles (shaded + wireframe).
– Bevel effect.
– Per tile color and texture.
– Extrusion with customizable height and gradient colors.
– Interactive: highlight tiles with cursor, drag/rotate and zoom sphere, fly to a given tile.
– Fast and easy to use path-finding functions to get the optimal path between any two tiles.
– Group cells to define different type of surfaces for path-finding purposes.
– Smart Edges options hides edges on adjacent tiles with same material.
– HeightMap texture support with option to use a separated water mask. Earth and water mask textures provided.
– Option to load a texture and map colors to tiles around sphere in one function call
– Inverted mode option. Renders the hexasphere inwards, placing camera at the center!
– VR compatible. Support for Google VR and Samsung Gear VR controllers.
– Easy to use API (C#) to change individual tile properties, get neighbours, shortest paths, …
– Full source code included (C#).
– Demo scene included.
– Unity 2019.4 or later required.
– Built-in and URP (Universal Rendering Pipeline) support.
– Works with SM 2.0 with basic features on all platforms.
– Texture arrays requires SM 3.5+
– Extrusion uses geometry shaders (SM 4.0+) compatible with OpenGL & DirectX (not supported on Metal).
Hexasphere Grid System produces perfectly regular geodesic grids which by definition contains 12 pentagons. They are fully functional, can be colored/textured/extruded and be used in path-finding methods as the rest of hexagons. In addition, the grid can be shifted so pentagons don’t appear over undesired positions.