Easily display and interact with web content in 3D or 2D using the web browser plugin trusted by over 1000…
Asset Title: 3D WebView for Windows and macOS (Web Browser)
Category: tools, gui
More Details about this asset:
📺 Watch videos and YouTube (including MP4s and streaming)
⌨️ Type with the included on-screen keyboard or native keyboard
• Powered by Chromium (currently v90)
• View PDFs
• Also includes extra platform-specific APIs
• Supports transparent pages
• 3D WebView’s included demo scenes:
• Oculus example (Quest, Rift)
• Unity 2017.3 or above (except 2017.3 – 2018.1 are unsupported on Windows due to a Unity bug)
• Supports both Mono and IL2CPP
• Windows 8+ (x64) with D3D11 graphics
• macOS 10.10+ (x64, arm64) with Metal graphics
Important notes and limitations
• This package only supports Windows and macOS. To support other platforms, you can install additional 3D WebView
packages (Android, iOS, WebGL, UWP, or create a custom bundle). All of the 3D
WebView packages work seamlessly
together, so all you need to do is install them into the same project, and then 3D WebView automatically detects and
uses the correct plugin at runtime and build time.
• 3D WebView’s native Windows and macOS plugins are provided as precompiled libraries, and the native source code for
them is not
• The H.264 video codec for MP4s and streaming is disabled by default but can be enabled.
• The Windows plugin supports building for x86, but the resulting 32-bit app will only run on 64-bit versions of Windows because 3D WebView embeds a 64-bit Chromium executable.
• Building for the Mac App Store is not supported.
• On macOS, the dynamic library used by the Unity process is a universal library that supports both x64 and arm64. The
executable for the Chromium process is currently x64 only but runs successfully on M1 Macs via Rosetta.
• The Windows and macOS plugins embed Chromium Embedded Framework, so you must display a copy of its included BSD-style
license in your desktop app’s about page or credits.