Easily display and interact with web content in 3D or 2D using the web browser plugin trusted by many deve…
Asset Title: 3D WebView for UWP / Hololens (Web Browser)
Category: tools, gui
More Details about this asset:
🖥 Includes a Native 2D Mode optimized for
⌨️ Type with the included on-screen keyboard
• View PDFs
• Also includes extra platform-specific APIs
• Supports MRTK touch and pointer interactions (implements IMixedRealityPointerHandler)
• Powered by the UWP WebView
• 3D WebView’s included demo scenes:
• Unity 2018.3 or above
• IL2CPP (deprecated .NET runtime not supported)
• Universal Windows Platform on Windows 10 (x64, x86, arm, arm64) with D3D11 graphics
• Requires the Build Type be set to “XAML Project” because the XAML WebView component is used as the browser engine
Important notes and limitations
• This package only supports UWP. To support other platforms, you can install additional 3D WebView packages (Windows and macOS, Android, iOS, WebGL, or create a custom bundle). All of the 3D WebView
packages work seamlessly
together, so all you need to do is install them into the same project, and then 3D WebView automatically detects and
uses the correct plugin at runtime and build time.
• 3D WebView’s native UWP plugins are provided as precompiled libraries, and the native source code for them is not
• 3D WebView’s native UWP plugins can’t run in the editor, so a mock webview implementation is used by default while
running in the editor. However, you can actually load and render real web content in the editor by also installing 3D WebView for Windows and macOS into the project.
• Compatible with both Hololens 1 and 2.
• Currently, when a text input is focused on Hololens, no blinking text caret appears. However, the text caret appears
when running on desktop.
• When not running in Native 2D Mode, the web rendering frame rate of the UWP plugin is relatively slow (<10 FPS) due to UWP limitations.
• The UWP plugin supports transparent webviews on desktop but not on Hololens.
• The UWP plugin embeds PDF.js from Mozilla, so you must display a copy of its included Apache 2.0 license
UWP app’s about page or credits.