Easily display and interact with web content in 3D or 2D using the web browser plugin trusted by hundreds …
Asset Title: 3D WebView for iOS (Web Browser)
Category: tools, gui
More Details about this asset:
📺 Watch videos and YouTube
📱 Includes a Native 2D Mode optimized for
⌨️ Type with the included on-screen keyboard or native
• View PDFs
• Also includes extra platform-specific APIs
• Supports transparent pages
• Powered by WKWebView
• 3D WebView’s included demo scenes:
• Unity 2017.3 or above
• iOS 10+
• Supports both Metal and OpenGL
Important notes and limitations
• This package only supports iOS. To support other platforms, you can install additional 3D WebView packages (Windows and macOS, Android, WebGL, UWP, or create a custom bundle). All of the 3D WebView
packages work seamlessly
together, so all you need to do is install them into the same project, and then 3D WebView automatically detects and
uses the correct plugin at runtime and build time.
• 3D WebView’s native iOS plugins are provided as precompiled libraries, and the native source code for them is not
• 3D WebView’s native iOS plugins can’t run in the editor, so a mock webview implementation is used by default while running
in the editor. However, you can actually load and render real web content in the editor by also installing 3D WebView for Windows and macOS into the project.
• When not running in Native 2D Mode, the web rendering
frame rate of the iOS plugin is relatively slow (<15 FPS) due to iOS limitations. The exception to this is video,
is rendered at a high frame rate.
• When not running in Native 2D Mode, the iOS plugin
doesn’t support rendering WebGL content.
• The iOS plugin embeds PDF.js from Mozilla, so you must display a copy of its included Apache 2.0 license
iOS app’s about page or credits.