Easily display and interact with web content in 3D or 2D using the web browser plugin trusted by hundreds …
Asset Title: 3D WebView for Android with Gecko Engine (Web Browser)
Category: tools, gui
More Details about this asset:
Easily display and interact with web content in 3D or 2D using the web browser plugin trusted by hundreds of developers. This
Mozilla’s Gecko Browser Engine for improved support on
VR headsets like Oculus Quest. See the
developer site for full documentation and a
comparison with the original 3D WebView for Android package.
📺 Watch videos and YouTube
⌨️ Type with the included on-screen keyboard
• View PDFs
• Also includes extra platform-specific APIs
• Powered by GeckoView (currently v95)
• 3D WebView’s included demo scenes:
• Oculus example (Quest, Rift)
• Unity 2018.3 or above
• Supports both Mono and IL2CPP
• Android 5+ (armv7, arm64, x86, x64) with OpenGL or Vulkan
Important notes and limitations
• This package only supports Android. To support other platforms, you can install additional 3D WebView packages (Windows and macOS, iOS, WebGL, UWP, or create a custom bundle). All of the 3D
WebView packages work seamlessly
together, so all you need to do is install them into the same project, and then 3D WebView automatically detects and
uses the correct plugin at runtime and build time.
• 3D WebView’s native Android plugins are provided as precompiled libraries, and the native source code for them is not
• 3D WebView’s native Android plugins can’t run in the editor, so a mock webview implementation is used by default while
in the editor. However, you can actually load and render real web content in the editor by also installing 3D WebView for Windows and macOS into the project.
• Unlike the other versions of 3D WebView, this asset currently doesn’t support transparent webviews.
• This package supports Universal Render Pipeline (URP), but WebViewPrefab doesn’t currently support the “SRP Batcher”
option. So, when using URP, you must either disable SRP Batcher in URP settings or use CanvasWebViewPrefab instead of
• The Android Gecko package doesn’t currently support the Build App Bundle build option (GeckoView limitation).
• Vulkan support requires the VK_ANDROID_external_memory_android_hardware_buffer Vulkan extension and Unity 2020.2 or newer. For more details, please see this page.
• The Android Gecko plugin embeds PDF.js from Mozilla, so you must display a copy of its included Apache 2.0 license
Android app’s about page or credits.