Easily display and interact with web content in 3D or 2D using the web browser plugin trusted by hundreds …
Asset Title: 3D WebView for Android (Web Browser)
Category: tools, gui
More Details about this asset:
📺 Watch videos and YouTube
📱 Includes a Native 2D Mode optimized for
⌨️ Type with the included on-screen keyboard or native
• View PDFs
• Also includes extra platform-specific APIs
• Supports transparent pages
• Powered by the Android System WebView
• 3D WebView’s included demo scenes:
• Oculus example (Quest, Rift)
• Unity 2017.3 or above
• Supports both Mono and IL2CPP
• Android 5+ (armv7, arm64, x86, x64) with OpenGL graphics
Important notes and limitations
• This package only supports Android. To support other platforms, you can install additional 3D WebView packages (Windows and macOS, iOS, WebGL, UWP, or create a custom bundle). All of the 3D
WebView packages work seamlessly together, so all you need to do is install them into the same project, and then 3D
WebView automatically detects and uses the correct plugin at runtime and build time.
• 3D WebView’s native Android plugins are provided as precompiled libraries, and the native source code for them is not
• 3D WebView’s native Android plugins can’t run in the editor, so a mock webview implementation is used by default while
in the editor. However, you can actually load and render real web content in the editor by also installing 3D WebView for Windows and macOS into the project.
• This package supports Universal Render Pipeline (URP), but WebViewPrefab doesn’t currently support the “SRP Batcher”
option. So, when using URP, you must either disable SRP Batcher in URP settings or use CanvasWebViewPrefab instead of
• The browser’s “fullscreen” feature is supported only in Native 2D Mode.
• The Android plugin embeds PDF.js from Mozilla, so you must display a copy of its included Apache 2.0 license
Android app’s about page or credits.